New Member Application Form
To give a gift membership, complete this form using the recipient's contact information and enter your own name in the "Gift Membership From" field at the bottom of the form. To surprise someone with a gift membership, email email@example.com instead of filling out this form.
Required fields are marked by an asterisk (*).
Note: Email addresses are collected for JASNA use only.
Select your level of membership. All dues are shown in US dollars.
Note to Canadians: You may enroll in a Canadian Individual Annual or Student Annual Membership using this form. However, Canadian Sustaining Membership and Life Memberships are not available online. Please visit JASNA's membership web page for dues information and a form you may print and mail to the Canadian Membership Secretary.
Notes on Membership Levels:
1) Annual Memberships start on the date you enroll online and expire one year later. We will remind you by email when it’s time to renew so that you can continue your membership without interruption.
2) International memberships are for members with addresses outside the United States and Canada.
3) Sustaining Membership provides the same benefits as Individual Annual Membership. The extra dues are a donation to JASNA, and a tax receipt will be provided for U.S. and Canadian residents.
4) Family Life Memberships are for two (2) members at the same address. The household receives one copy of any printed material. If you select "Family Life Membership," you will be guided through the process of completing two forms: one for you as the primary member and one for your second family member. To set up the membership correctly, you must complete the second form as part of this transaction before you pay for the membership. Step 1: Select "Family Life Membership," complete the form, and click the Submit button. Step 2: A new page titled "Membership Application" will display. Click the button on the left marked Add Another Household Member. Step 3: A new form will be displayed; fill in the information for your second family member, then click the Continue button to proceed to the Payment screen.
| Member Portal Login Setup
Please set up your Login Name and Password and make a note of them for future use. An account will be set up for you immediately in our membership database so that you can enter the Member Portal at any time to download digital editions of our publications, update your contact information, change your email list and publication preferences, renew your membership, or make a donation online.
Help us serve you better by indicating your email, publication, and Region preferences below.
1. JASNA Email List Sign-Up
Keep up with the latest news about JASNA and Jane Austen. Join the JASNA Email List and receive our monthly JASNA Update e-bulletin and occasional email alerts and announcements. You can also opt in to receive updates about the upcoming Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Note: Even if you do not join the JASNA Email List, you will receive occasional administrative communications from JASNA by email, such as online registration and payment confirmation emails, password reset emails, renewal notices, or other service messages notifying you of matters that may affect your membership.
2. Annual General Meeting Registration Brochure
A digital conference brochure (PDF) is posted on our website before online registration begins. If you wish to receive a paper brochure by mail as well, indicate that preference below.
Important: If you choose not to receive a paper AGM registration brochure but do want to be notified when online conference registration is about to begin, you must take the proactive step of joining the JASNA Email List (see above). Select "JASNA Email & AGM Updates" in the Email Preferences dropdown menu.
3. JASNA Region Affiliation(s)
As a JASNA member you may join in the activities organized by our Regional groups in North America. To receive information about Regional events in your area, either select the Region you want to join from the dropdown menu below or skip this section and let the Membership Secretary assign you to the closest Region within a 2-hour radius of your address (if there is one). A directory of JASNA’s Regional Groups is available on the JASNA website. If you live in North America but not near a Regional group, you can opt to join our “Virtual Region” (at the bottom of the Region dropdown list); we will add you to the email list announcing online discussions and meetings. Note: You can change your Region affiliation(s) at any time in the JASNA Member Portal.
Optional - Additional Regions
If you would like to participate in one or two additional Regions, please select them below. We will provide your contact information to the Regional Coordinator(s).
| Please Consider Making a Donation