If this is a gift membership, please complete the form using the recipient's contact information. Enter your own name in the field at the bottom of the form labeled "Gift Membership From." To surprise someone with a gift membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance instead of filling out this form.
Required fields are marked by an asterisk (*).
Note: Email addresses are collected for JASNA use only.
Select your level of membership. All dues are shown in US dollars.
Note to Canadians: You may enroll in a Canadian Individual Annual or Student Annual Membership using this form. However, Canadian Sustaining Membership and Life Memberships are not available online. Please visit JASNA's membership web page for dues information and a form you may print and mail to the Canadian Membership Secretary.
Notes on Membership Levels:
1) Annual Memberships start on the date you enroll online and expire one year later. We will remind you by email when it’s time to renew so that you can continue your membership without interruption.
2) International memberships are for members with addresses outside the United States and Canada.
3) Sustaining Membership provides the same benefits as Individual Annual Membership. The extra dues are a donation to JASNA, and a tax receipt will be provided for U.S. and Canadian residents.
4) Family Life Memberships are for two (2) members at the same address. The household receives one copy of any printed material. If you select "Family Life Membership," you will be guided through the process of completing two forms: one for you as the primary member and one for your second family member. To set up the membership correctly, you must complete the second form as part of this transaction before you pay for the membership. Step 1: Select "Family Life Membership," complete the form, and click the Submit button. Step 2: A new page titled "Membership Application" will display. Click the button on the left marked Add Another Household Member. Step 3: A new form will be displayed; fill in the information for your second family member, then click the Continue button to proceed to the Payment screen.
JASNA Member Portal Login
An account will be set up for you immediately in our membership database so that you can enter the Member Portal any time to download digital editions of our publications, update your contact information, change your email list and publication preferences, renew your membership, or make a donation online.
Please set up your Login Name and Password and make a note of them for future use.
Help us serve you better by indicating your email, publication, and Region preferences below.
1. JASNA Email List Sign-Up
To keep up with the latest news about JASNA and Jane Austen, join the JASNA Email List to receive our monthly JASNA Update e-bulletin and occasional alerts and announcements. You can also opt in to receive updates about the upcoming Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Note: Even if you do not join the JASNA Email List, you will receive occasional administrative communications from JASNA by email, such as online registration and payment confirmation emails, password reset emails, renewal notices, or other service messages notifying you of matters that may affect your membership.
2. Annual General Meeting Registration Brochure
All conference information is posted on JASNA's website before online registration begins, including a digital brochure (PDF). However, you may receive a paper brochure and registration form by mail if you indicate that preference below.
Important: If you choose not to receive a paper AGM registration brochure but do want to be notified when online conference registration is about to begin, you must take the proactive step of joining the JASNA Email List (see above). Select "JASNA Email & AGM Updates" in the Email Preferences dropdown menu.
3. JASNA Region Affiliation(s)
As a JASNA member you may join in the activities organized by our Regional groups in the U.S. and Canada. To receive information about Regional events in your area, either select the Region you want to join from the dropdown menu below or skip this section and let the Membership Secretary assign you to the closest Region within a 2-hour radius of your address (if there is one). Note: You can change your Region affiliation(s) at any time in the JASNA Member Portal.
A directory of JASNA’s Regional Groups is available on the JASNA website.
Optional - Additional Regions
If you would like to participate in one or two additional Regions, please select them below. We will provide your contact information to the Regional Coordinator(s).
Please Consider Making a Donation
Contributions to JASNA and the sites it supports in England are always appreciated. You may use this web form to donate to:
— JASNA (Donations are used to fund the Society’s ongoing programs, strategic initiatives, and expanded member benefits and services.)
— Jane Austen's House Museum
— Austen Family Churches
Donations to JASNA Canada cannot be made online. To mail a donation, please print the form on JASNA's donation web page and send it to the Canadian Membership Secretary.
Donations to Chawton House should be made through the North American Friends of Chawton House (NAFCH) website.